Allergic Respiratory Disease is characterized by sudden acute respiratory symptoms caused by overreaction of our immune system to allergen like Raja (dust),Dhuma (smoke), Shita vayu (cold air), Stay most of the time in air condition room, Sheeta ambu sevana (excessive intake of cold water) – including cold drinks, food, ice cream, Ativayama(excessive exercise), Bad eating habits, Vegavidharan (suppression of natural urges), Day time sleeping, Fatty food.etc.
Such allergic response range from simple sneezing and running nose (Allergic rhinitis, upper respiratory tract disease) to sever shortness of breath in asthma.
Mainly two factors are responsible for such faulty immune system response.
- Genetic predisposition – Family inheritance
- Imbalance in three main life balancing activities – Vata activity (known as Vata), Pitta activity (known as Pitta) and Kapha activity (known as Kapha)
Imbalance in Vata, Pitta, Kapha can be brought by various reasons.
- Excess exposure to unsuitable or unaccustomed – असात्म्य (Asātmya) food, drink, weather, lifestyle.
- Which in turn disturbed the अग्नि (Agni) – digestion and produce more Toxin – improperly digested food – आम (Aam) in body.
- Prolonged असात्म्य – unsuitable factors and toxins – आम (Aam) imbalance the Three doshas and thus disturbed the immune system, which gives overreaction to allergen causing allergic reaction.
Tamaka Shwas is a chronic inflammatory condition of the lung airways resulting in episodic airflow obstruction. This disease is more predominant in children and aged population.
The parallel disease entity in contemporary medical science to this disorder is Bronchial Asthma.
According to modern view symptoms of bronchial asthma are caused by an inflammatory reaction within the bronchial wall involving many cells, mediators and cytokines.
Pathogenesis of Asthma:
Due to increased Kapha dosha, Strotorodh (blockage in smallest channels carrying 3 doshas and 7 dhatus – elements) occur in Pranvaha Shrotas (blockage in the channels of respiratory systems).
Due to this blockage, natural direction of the flow of Vata is blocked and it starts flowing in reverse direction, which is known as Pratilom Vayu.
Due to imbalance Vata dosha dryness is increased and natural lubrication is disturbed, hence causes the difficulty in breathing. Breathing becomes stressful, effort full, noisy, rate of respiration is increased and patient feels difficulty in natural process of breathing.
Allergic Respiratory Treatment
Removal of causative factors for Allergic Respiratory Diseases are as follows
- Avoid unsuitable or unaccustomed – असात्म्य (Asātmya) food, drink, weather, lifestyle
- One should avoid food and drink which is not suitable to one’s constitution – प्रकृति Prakruti
- Please visit our Maharshi Atreya Health Centre to meet our doctors, who will evaluate your Prakruti and advice you the food and drink, which are suitable and unsuitable for your prakruti.
- Our doctors will give you certain Ayurvedic herbs to balance the 3 doshas after thorough consultation.
- We have prepared few specific herbs for the cure of Allergic Respiratory Disease.
The diet is an important factor in the prevention and treatment of the Allergic Respiratory Disease. At our Ayurvedic Panchakarma Centre at Undera, we serve freshly prepared Ayurvedic diet. Prepared according to your constitution, this diet helps in detoxification and balancing of the three doshas.
Panchakarma therapy is a combination of five procedures, which detoxify the body and balance the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha).
You can take the Panchakarma therapy in-house at our Ayurvedic Health Centre at Undera, Vadodara.
Alternatively, you can also take the Panchakarma therapy on OPD Basis (without lodging and boarding) at our Ayurvedic Panchakarma Clinic at Race Course Circle, Vadodara.