Autoimmune Respiratory Diseases are very common in patients who are suffering from other Autoimmune diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus.
In this condition patient’s own immune system attacks the lungs and cause inflammation, scaring and compromise the vital function of gas exchange and breathing.
Another common autoimmune Respiratory Disease is Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD).
The reason for Autoimmune Respiratory Disease is accumulation of आम (Aam – Toxins) and improper functioning of immune system.
Aam is accumulated in excess in two way.
Excess Production of Aam
- Improper working of अग्नि (Agni – Digestive fire). In other words improper digestion of food.
- When food is digested improperly, it results in defective धातु (Dhatu – building block of physical body, namely – Ras : Initial liquid solution resulting from Digestion, Rakt : Blood, Mams : Muscle, Med : Fat, Asthi : Bone, Majja : Bone marrow, Sukhra : Ovum / Sperm)
- These defective Dhatu are Ama, which circulate in body and accumulates in joints.
- Aam due to its own nature of being defective, causes inflammation where it has been accumulated.
- व्याधिक्षमत्व (Own Immune system) wrongly identify accumulated Aam as foreign substance and attack it resulting in inflammation of body part, where Aam is accumulated.
Reduced removal of Aam
- Due to various reasons removal of Aam from system is get affected. Resulting in accumulation of Aam in excess in body.
Various factors results in excess accumulation of Aam in body
- Incompatible food habits (विरुद्ध आहार – Virrudha Aahar)
- Eating food against one’s constitution (प्रकृति विरुद्ध आहार – Prakruti Virrudha Aahar)
- Emotional factors like fear, anger, agitation etc
- Daytime sleeping
Improper functioning Immune system
Following factors disturbs the Immune system
- Aam Dosh (Toxins)
- Improper Digestion (मंदाग्नि – Mandagni)
- Imbalance of three Dosha – Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- Decrease of ओजस (Ojas – A Biochemical liquid substance which is final result of Digestion process. It nourishes body and support immune system.
Autoimmune Respiratory Treatment:
At Maharshi Atreya Health Centre (Ayurvedic Panchakarma Hospital and Ayurvedic Clinic) we follow a comprehensive approach towards the treatment of Autoimmune Respiratory Disease.
Avoidance / Removal of Causative factor.
After प्रकृति परिक्षण (Detailed consultation / history taking) we can identify cause of arthritis and we give advice accordingly to avoid such causative factors.
Panchakarma therapy is a combination of five procedures, which detoxify the body and balance the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha).
You can take the Panchakarma therapy in-house at our Ayurvedic Health Centre at Undera, Vadodara.
Alternatively, you can also take the Panchakarma therapy on OPD Basis (without lodging and boarding) at our Ayurvedic Panchakarma Clinic at Race Course Circle, Vadodara.
We give specific Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of aggravated Vata and for improper digestion (मंदाग्नि)
Ayurvedic medicines used at MAHC are made in a GMP certified Pharmacy. GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certification is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards.
We follow global standards of packaging. Our medicines are always safely and hygienically packed, using the latest high-barrier packaging techniques.
Upon completion of Panchakarma Rejuvenation therapy, you can get Ayurvedic herbal remedies from our Panchakarma Clinic at Vadodara (Race Course Circle).
The diet is an important factor in the prevention and treatment of the arthritis. At our Ayurvedic Panchakarma centre at Undera, we serve freshly prepared Ayurvedic diet. Prepared according to your constitution, this diet helps in detoxification and balancing of the three doshas.
Understanding through discussion sessions
We conduct periodic group discussions at our Ayurvedic Hospital and educate people on various topics related to Autoimmunity – the Ayurvedic concept of nutrition, incompatible foods, etc.